Everyone calls me Barry. It is a nickname I chose when I was very young. My full name is Robert Barrett Hermanson.
I moved to San Francisco and have been a resident of the Sunset District since 1978. In 1980, in an effort to improve wages and working conditions for temporary employment workers, I opened an employment service. The business employed more than 3,000 workers in 25 years.
What follows is a summary of my political work and advocacy:
– Member, San Francisco Green Party County Council
– Organizer, Single Payer Now (Improved Medicare for All)
– Member, Executive Committee, Sierra Club, San Francisco Group
– Co-author, San Francisco’s 2003 minimum wage initiative that improved wages for 54,000 people.
– Co-chair, SF Living Wage Coalition, which passed legislation increasing wages for 20,000 workers.
– Treasurer for Francisco Herrera 4 SF Mayor
– Steering Committee member: Committee to Save the Mission, Yes on Prop I
– President, Merchants of Upper Market and Castro
– Owner/operator of Hermanson’s Employment Services
– Co-chair, California Green Party Coordinating Committee
– Treasurer, San Francisco Network Ministries Housing Corporation, providing low income housing
Additional information about me is available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Hermanson
Please contact me if you have questions or concerns. Messages of support are also most welcome.